Certain facts and circumstances, if present at the time of your DUI arrest will increase your county jail time or prison sentence. If aggravating facts are established it will increase you DUI penalties, regardless of whether you have been convicted of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th DUI.
The most common circumstances to cause this are:
- Having a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.15% or higher
- Refusing to submit a chemical test to arresting officers
- Causing an accident of any kind
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Driving with children in your vehicle under the age of 14 while above the legal limit
- Being under the age of 21 at the time of your offense
What Are The Alternative Sentencing Option For A DUI In San Diego County?
- Cal-Trans roadside work
- Community service
- Electronic monitoring/house arrest
- Having to take up residence in a sober living community
- Incarceration in a private or city jail
Now you have learned of all the consequences a DUI can bring to your life. As you can see none of these options are good ones and your best chance to receive as lenient sentence as possible is to hire an experience DUI Lawyer in San Diego. Call one of our experienced, ethical and aggressive DUI Attorneys today at the San Diego DUI Lawyer Pros for a free consultation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain (619) 821-8227